Project & Results
SESAR Solutions refer to new or improved operational procedures or technologies that aim to contribute to the modernisation of the European and global ATM system. Each solution includes a range of documentation, including:
- Operational services and environment descriptions;
- Safety, performance and interoperability requirements;
- Technical specifications;
- Regulatory recommendations;
- Safety and security assessments;
- Human and environmental performance reports.
To deliver solutions for deployment, the SESAR JU and its members have built a process, known as the release process, whereby solutions are tested or validated in real operational environments including direct airport interfaces. With validation sites across Europe, the SESAR JU and its members have taken R&I out of the lab and connected it with the real world. Validations take place in simulation platforms, on board commercial flights, dedicated airport testbeds and air traffic control centres. Exercises are not limited to a specific location, but can be used to test multiple environments irrespective of the location where the physical validation is held.