Fly AI webinar - Watch the replay
23rd of March, 2021
14:00 > 15:30
This online event is part of the new FLY AI webinar series organised on behalf of the European Aviation High Level Group on Artificial intelligence (AI) as a first step towards building an AI community of practice for aviation.
This second webinar, moderated by the SESAR Joint Undertaking, explored “Research and Innovation in AI for aviation”.
The progress made in the fields of machine learning and AI has opened the door to a myriad of applications in ATM. Many tasks in aviation, that can only be performed by humans today, have the potential to be performed collaboratively by hybrid human-machine team, enabling higher performance levels. AI-powered systems are being integrated into the cockpit and into systems on the ground, which is redefining the principles of pilot/ATC interactions.
- Marouan Chida, Head of Digital transformation & innovation, SESAR JU - Moderator
- Florian Guillermet, Executive director, SESAR JU
- Sameer Alam, Associate professor, Nanyang university, Deputy director ATM research institute, Co-director Saazb-Ntu joint lab Singapore
- George Papageorgiou, Director of advanced technology, Honeywell
- Robin Hughes, Director of engineering, LFV
- Ricardo Saenz Amandi, GMV defence and security programmes director, EDA
- Hartmut Helmke, Scientific researcher, DLR