- Project ID TINDAIR
- Project duration 2021-02-01 > 2022-12-31
- EU Contr. EUR 3,269,883.88
- Status Ongoing
TINDAiR VLD is meant to demonstrate the safe integration of UAM as additional airspace user. The results of the VLD will help to refine the safety, performance, standardisation and regulatory requirements to enable UAM. The VLD will include the execution of flight demonstrations in accordance with the safety conditions.
Four mission/flights will take place with different operating methods, in coordination with all the relevant partners, and using more VTOL platforms carrying human passengers and medical equipment to simulate the variety of possible U-space users in the near future. The demonstration flights will also include vehicles with full autonomous capabilities for automated safe procedures as well as helicopters.
Flight demonstrations will address mainly the point defined as “mandated” for U-space 3 requirements, the tactical conflict resolution and emergency landing with a focus on the pre-flight checks for possible conflicts in strategic phase and in-flight checks for enabling each single VTOL operating in that airspace to rely on a DAA (detect and avoid) service providing instructions to aircraft to change their speed, level or heading as needed or force emergency landing to pre-identified vertiports in urban area.
The ultimate objective of this very large scale demonstration (VLD) project is to deliver strategic and innovative technologies that can drive competitiveness and UAM growth using an impact-oriented approach and demonstrate the safe integration of UAM aircraft as additional airspace users.
The results of the TINDAiR project will help to:
• refine the safety, performance, standardisation and regulatory requirements to enable UAM with specific focus on U-space U3 services identified in the U-space Blueprint and refined by CORUS, and,
• unlock new and enhanced applications and mission types in high density and high complexity areas.
Napoli, taxi-droni per muoversi in città. Le sperimentazioni di TindAir siglate anche da Cira e Issnova
Taxi-drones to move around the city of Napoli: The TindAir trials conducted by Cira and Issnova.
Corriere della Serra
- PILDO CONSULTING
- INSTITUTE FOR SUSTAINABLE SOCIETY AND INNOVATION
- ROCKWELL COLLINS FRANCE
- C.I.R.A. CENTRO ITALIANO RICERCHE AEROSPAZIALI SCPA
- OFFICE NATIONAL D'ETUDES ET DE RECHERCHES AEROSPATIALES
- AEROSPACE VALLEY
- FUNDACION TECNALIA RESEARCH & INNOVATION
This U-space project has received funding from the SESAR Joint Undertaking under the European Union's Connection Europe Facility (CEF) programme under grant agreement 101017677