- Project ID PJ13 - W2 ERICA
- Project duration 2019-12-01 > 2022-12-31
- Total EUR 28 559 770,71
- EU Contr. EUR 8 486 176,57
- Status Ongoing
The ERICA project is aimed at providing the basis for defining, developing and validating the key operational and technological enablers that are necessary to assure the proper insertion of RPAS into non-segregated airspace in terms of:
- “Collision avoidance for IFR RPAS” by developing and operationally validating a Detect And Avoid (DAA) system for IFR RPAS operating in airspace A to C that will allow the Remote Pilot (RP) to contribute to safety by preventing collisions in case the normal separation provisions fail.
- “IFR RPAS accommodation and integration in airspace Class A to C” by developing a framework for the insertion of RPAS into the non-segregated airspace, allowing their routine access and operations.
This project has received funding from the SESAR Joint Undertaking under the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 874474