SESAR Virtual Centre @ next level – Executive Day
16th of October, 2019
10:00 > 16:00
Frequentis Headquarters Innovationsstraße 1Vienna , Austria
Europe’s Air Traffic Management (ATM) is a highly-fragmented network composed of country-based systems and processes. This event will demonstrate new ways to improve this situation by mapping the operational needs like rationalisation of infrastructure, delegation of airspace, and contingency on suitable interoperable infrastructures and constituting ATM services like voice communication, flight plan, and surveillance, paving the way for new operational concepts. The event is supported by speeches about operational motivation, technical aspects, and a look into the future about possible Virtual Centre solutions.
Welcome and Introduction
- Welcome Speech – Hermann Mattanovich (CTO, Frequentis)
- Introduction to virtual centres in SESAR – Florian Guillermet (Executive Director, SESAR Joint Undertaking)
Virtual Centre – Operational Motivation
- Philippe Chauffoureaux (Chief Information Architect, Skyguide)
- Maurizio Romano (PJ15-09 Lead, ENAV)
- Guillaume Ramonet (Co-flight Programme Director, DSNA)
Virtual Centre Concept in Single European Sky
- Iacopo Prissinotti (Director Network Management, EUROCONTROL)
- Richard Beaulieu (PJ16-03 Lead, Thales)
- Maarten van der Lee (Strategic Product Manager, Frequentis)
Live Demonstration: conducted by 12 partners, distributed at 11 sites throughout Europe, interconnecting 7 partner IBPs via a common infrastructure for service provision, to execute delegation of airspace and contingency scenarios operated by 14 ATCOs.
Highlights of SESAR validation results
Deployment of Virtual Centre – panel discussion
We are looking forward to welcoming you!