30th of September
2nd of October, 2015
University Paul SabatierToulouse , France
5th International Conference on Application and Theory of Automation in Command and Control Systems (ATACCS'2015)
The 5th International Conference on Application and Theory of Automation in Command and Control Systems (ATACCS'2015) will take place at the University Paul Sabatier (IRIT), Toulouse, France from September 30th to October 2nd, 2015.
The 1st call for papers has been issued. The HALA! SESAR Research Network cordially invites you to submit a paper and or a poster to the conference before May 19th.
ATACCS is focused on applications and theories that are related to the replacement of human roles by technology (i.e. through automation). In the context of ATACCS, automation implies the use of systems to administer the tasks of humans including conformance monitoring and automation management. This raises enormous technical, ethical, organizational and safety challenges. Despite the strong relationship with ATM, ATACCS welcomes submissions from all other domains and industries dealing with automation in command and control systems.
ATACCS is the brainchild of the HALA! Research Network (Higher Automation Levels in Air Traffic Management) which is supported by SESAR WP-E; a framework setup to spearhead long term and innovative research in automation of Air Traffic Management in pursuit of the SESAR 2020 vision and beyond. ATACCS'2015 is the fifth of a series of scientific conferences on the theme of Automation in Command and Control Systems.
All submissions to the conference will be peer reviewed by members of the program committee. Accepted contributions will be published in the conference proceedings as well as in the ACM Digital Library.
Submissions will be reviewed by 3 members of the Program Committee. Research papers will be published in the ACM Digital Library. All submissions must be prepared according to the standard SIGCHI publications format. Contributions should be sent via the conference web site at: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ataccs2015.
Application domains include but are not limited to:
- Advanced modeling and design methodologies, including network, human-machine interaction, and trajectory operations models
- Airline operations and quality of service
- Airport design, management and operations
- Air transportation governance, economics and policy
- Air transportation system performance measurement and management
- Automation strategies and application of successful automation techniques from other domains to air transportation
- Decision support systems, automation and human machine collaboration
- Environment and energy efficiency, climate change and impact
- Information management, enhanced communication, surveillance and navigation
- Network management, and traffic flow optimization, system resilience and crisis management
- New air vehicle integration
- Safety, security and human performance
- Socio-technical complexity and applications of data science in aviation
- Trajectory optimization and trajectory and separation management
- Research papers (up to 10 pages)
- Poster and demonstrations (up to 5 pages + 1 poster/video demo)
- Doctoral consortium (up to 5 pages)
- Submissions (all tracks) : May 19th, 2015
- Review notification: June 15th, 2015
- Final submissions: July 3rd, 2015
- Conference dates: September 30th-October 2nd, 2013