World ATM Congress 2020
10th of March
12th of March, 2020
IFEMAMadrid , Spain
"Europe for Aviation” teaming up to tackle sustainability, capacity and innovation at the 2020 World ATM Congress
The “Europe for Aviation” team, made up of eight European aviation organisations working to implement the Single European Sky (SES) will gather at this year's World ATM Congress, from 10 to 12 March in Madrid, Spain. Over the course of the 3-day Congress, these organisations will showcase how through collaboration they can go much further tackling the most pressing challenges facing aviation, such as sustainability, capacity and innovation.
The “Europe for Aviation” stand and theatre (#849 and #1151) will host a wide range of debates, presentations and guided SESAR walking tours, illustrating the collaboration in action between the European aviation organisations working to implement SES, namely the European Commission, EUROCONTROL, SESAR Joint Undertaking (SESAR JU), SESAR Deployment Manager (SESAR DM), European Union Aviation Safety Agency, European Defence Agency, Innovation and Networks Executive Agency (INEA), and EUROCAE. In doing so, these EU bodies will show how between them they cover the full project management cycle from policy and funding to research and deployment.
Look out for:
- Official opening by Director General of DG MOVE, Henrik Hololei with high level representatives of each of the participating organisations.
- A series of briefings on policy developments, such as the Green Deal, SES reform and the future of SESAR, as well as the U-space regulation and the Pilot Common Project review.
- Technical sessions will also take place to brief audiences on what ATM can do to reduce carbon emissions, the action plan for summer 2020 capacity, SESAR performance, datalink services and ADS-B implementation and cybersecurity.
- A series of SESAR walking tours on the latest technological advances underway by SESAR partners, and their status in terms of research, development and deployment.
- Dedicated stand for networking with SES partners, featuring live traffic updates, an airport demo tower, an interactive SESAR wall and virtual reality experiences.
Register at the Congress and gain free access to the “Europe for Aviation” stand and theatre.
Organised jointly by the SESAR Joint Undertaking and the SESAR Deployment Manager, the walking tours will give visitors an opportunity to meet with experts from the SESAR community and see first-hand the wide variety of solutions that are being delivered and deployed across Europe.
Find hereafter the schedule and description of the walking tours.
In order to participate in the walking tours, visitors must register in advance via:
Please note that walking tour registrations will close when the maximum capacity is reached (25 visitors per walking tour).
Walking Tour 1, 7, 10 and 13 have already reached maximum capacity
Make sure not to select walking tours with overlapping schedules.