2nd of June, 2021
15:00 > 16:30
Technical details and capabilities of LDACS
This webinar is the second in a series, organised by the SESAR JU and EUROCONTROL, presenting LDACS, a new aviation communication system. It follows on from the first “A general introduction to LDACs” by focussing on the technical details and capabilities of LDACS for communications and integrated CNS.
The webinar set off with the ANSP perspective, starting with operational needs that drive towards LDACS. From there a full overview of all LDACS capabilities was explained, zooming in on the technical performance requirements of datalink, digital voice and alternative position, navigation and timing (A-PNT). The remaining time was dedicated to the technical architecture providing details on many aspects, including frequency range, duplex spacing, channel grids, technical functions and protocols.
- Welcome and Opening – Ruben Flohr, SESAR Joint Undertaking
- ANSP perspective - Maria Goretti, ENAIRE, Ricardo Sousa, NATS and Klauspeter Hauf, DFS
- LDACS capabilities - Michael Schnell, DLR
- LDACS Architecture and technical details - Bernhard Haindl, Frequentis and Simona Pieratelli, Leonardo
- Q&A - moderated by Ruben Flohr, SESAR Joint Undertaking
Other webinars in the series include:
1/ A general introduction to LDACS (completed, webinar recording available here)
2/ Technical details and capabilities of LDACS (2 June, 15:00 – 16:30 CET)
3/ Deployment options and transition scenarios (1 July 2021)
4/ Economic and Business considerations for all stakeholders (September 2021)