- SJU reference # 62 /Release 1
- Status Available for deployment
Introducing precision area navigation (P-RNAV) procedures improves the design and organisation of the airspace allowing the aircraft’s on-board navigation system to fly optimised flight paths. P-RNAV supports more efficient continuous descent approaches and continuous climb departures in place of traditional stepped flight profiles issued by a controller. P-RNAV also supports curved approach paths which can avoid complex interaction between inbound and outbound traffic, heavily populated areas, and can reduce track miles for inbound aircraft.
SJU references: #62/Release 1
- Enhanced safety thanks to better precision
- Reduced fuel burn and emissions
- Improved air navigation service provision