- SJU reference # 102 /Release 5
- Status Available for deployment
The aeronautical mobile airport communication system (AeroMACS) offers a solution to offload the saturated VHF datalink communications in the airport environment and support new services. The technical solution AeroMACS is based on commercial 4G technology and uses the IEEE 802.16 (WiMAX) standard. Designed to operate in reserved (aeronautical) frequency bands, AeroMACS can be used for air navigation service providers (ANSPs), airspace users and airport authority communications, in compliance with SESAR’s future communication infrastructure (FCI) concept. AeroMACS is an international standard and supports globally harmonised and available capabilities according to ICAO Global Air Navigation Plan (GANP).
SJU references: #102/Release 5
- Increased capacity for information and communications exchanges
- More efficient airport surface operations with increased safety and security levels
- Increased cost efficiency, thanks to synergies and sharing of infrastructure between actors, thereby lowering costs