- SJU reference # 60 /Release 1
- Status Available for deployment
Ground-based safety nets are an integral part of the ATM system. Using primarily ATS surveillance data, they provide warning times of up to two minutes. Upon receiving an alert, air traffic controllers are expected to immediately assess the situation and take appropriate action. A valuable safety net is the automated short-term conflict alert (STCA), a sophisticated algorithm which uses the track data to warn against possible short-term conflicts.
SJU references: #60/Release 1
- Identification of conflicts, both enroute and in the terminal area
- Reduced false alert rate while maintained genuine alert rate and warning times are maintained
- Significant increase in safety of flight especially during complex operations