Partnering for excellence in global aviation – SESAR and partners @ World ATM Congress 2017
“Partnering for excellence in global aviation” is the theme of the activities taking place at the SESAR stand and theatre during the World ATM Congress, from 7 to 9 March. The activities are hosted by the SESAR Joint Undertaking (SESAR JU) and the SESAR Deployment Manager (SESAR DM) in collaboration with the European Commission, Network Manager, European Defence Agency, European Aviation Safety Agency and Eurocae, the European leader on industry standards in aviation.
SESAR and its support of the Single European Sky is recognised in the EU Aviation Strategy as key to boosting Europe’s economy and secure its leading role in international aviation. In this respect, the successful delivery and implementation of new globally interoperable and innovative solutions by SESAR relies on strong collaboration between all aviation stakeholders and the different mechanisms and bodies of the Single European Sky.
The SESAR stand and theatre will feature a wide variety of sessions, which will illustrate with concrete examples how SESAR works with these partners and with the air navigation service providers, airports, airspace users, industry, the scientific community and staff associations represented through the SESAR JU and SESAR DM partnerships. The featured activities will demonstrate the benefits that this coordinated approach are bringing to airspace users and passengers, and the overall European economy.
Look out for:
- Official opening by the European Commissioner for Transport, Violeta Bulc
- Keynote addresses by Director General of DG MOVE, Henrik Hololei, and Deputy Director-General, Matthew Baldwin
- Single European Sky Awards ceremony #SESAwards
- Panel sessions on global interoperability, SESAR 2020 and CNS strategy, as well as technical sessions on flight efficiency, integration of all air vehicles, information sharing, automation and SESAR 2020 exploratory research
- Speakers from SESAR 2020 members including founding member Eurocontrol, SESAR DM, Network Manager, EDA, EASA, Eurocae and international partners, such as the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and International Air Transport Association (IATA), among others.
- Information sessions on the Deployment Programme, as well as upcoming SESAR 2020/Horizon 2020 and CEF/deployment calls
- How will SESAR DM manage the Data Link Services implementation
- Dedicated networking area with representatives from partnering organisations
Register as exhibitor visitor at the Congress and gain free access to the SESAR theatre and stand.