Only a timely, synchronised and coordinated deployment of SESAR in accordance with the Master Plan will contribute to achieving the SES performance objectives and the overall economic benefits expected from ATM modernisation.
The European Commission, coordinating SES instruments, aims to facilitate SESAR deployment through an EU framework supporting the implementation of the Master plan.
The SESAR deployment process
- Common projects, which aim to deploy ATM functionalities that are considered to be essential contributors to the improvement of the Union’s ATM system performance. Common Projects focus on those essential functionalities that are mature enough for implementation and that demonstrate to have a global positive business case for the European ATM framework.
- Governance mechanisms that ensure a timely, synchronised and coordinated deployment of the SESAR concept of operations that involve all concerned stakeholders and the relevant EU and Single Sky bodies allocating them clear responsibilities.
- The deployment programme, which translates the Common Projects into detailed deployment activities
- Implementation projects carried out by operational stakeholders aiming to implement the different components of the common projects.
- Targeted incentives to support the coordination and the implementation of Common Projects.